tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sangam Dash <srd...@rippleimpact.com>
Subject Re: Virtual Hosting Tomcat
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 19:21:14 GMT
hi

I have this
<Host name="inqbyte.com" debug="0" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true">
        <Alias>www.inqbyte.com</Alias>
directory="logs" prefix="inqbyte." suffix=".log" timestamp="true"/>
        <Context path="" docBase="ripple" debug="0" reloadable="true"/>
    </Host>
in the server.xml file now
in the hosts file
it is
127.0.0.1 inqbyte.com
so now when i say http://www.inqbyte.com:8080/  it says page cant be found
without the alias it works fine
when i say http://inqbyte.com:8080/ it works fine
do u know what happens?
thanks
sangam dash
Sean Dockery wrote:

>What do you mean that you don't find any errors in the logs folder?  Where
>did you look?  What about the output of the console window when you start
>Tomcat manually?  I'm willing to be that you fatally corrupted your
>server.xml file somehow.
>
>Make a copy of the Host definition for localhost within the same Engine
>definition.  Then make changes to the copy.  Your Host definition is far
>more sparse than mine.
>

>Sean Dockery
>sean@sbdconsultants.com
>Certified Java Web Component Developer