tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Gary Gwin <tom...@cafesoft.com>
Subject Re: Multiple Virtual Hosts Single Sign On
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 21:51:49 GMT
Victor,

You might take a look at our centralized security server, Cams. Cams
provides SSO via Apache or Tomcat to subdomains as your show in your
request. You can find out more at http://www.cafesoft.com.

Good luck and let us know if you have any questions,

Gary

Victor Soares wrote:

>Hello,
>I have dug through the tomcat-user archives and have seen this question come up several
times, but there was no concrete solution so I'll bring it up again.

>For an upcoming project, I am going to have 3 websites. ex:
>library.ci.tigard.or.us
>police.ci.tigard.or.us
>www.ci.tigard.or.us
>
>Each website will have some features that require a login. It would be logical to have
the same username and password for all 3 and even more logical for the user to only have to
authenticate once for all 3 and have his/her session data maintained and available to all
3.

>Is there a single sign on solution that would provide that capability?
>
>This concept of single sign on should not be confused with Tomcat's SSO. Tomcat's SSO
only provides SSO for different contexts within one virtual host. This is more of a SSO solution
along the lines of the .net passport.

>Any help would be much appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>- Victor Soares

Gary Gwin
http://www.cafesoft.com

*   The Cafesoft Access Management System, Cams, is security    *
*   software that provides single sign-on authentication and    *
*   centralized access control for Apache, Tomcat, and custom   *
*   resources.                                                  *