tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nigel Wade <...@ion.le.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Tomcat doesn't shut down, Catalina.stop: Connection timed out
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 16:40:05 GMT
Turner, John wrote:
> Do you have a firewall rule blocking access to Tomcat's shutdown port, port
> 8005?
>
> John

Thanks - do I feel stupid.

I was trying to shut it down from the same machine so didn't even think
of firewall rules. The problems began when I had to shut the system down
for a scheduled break, I can only presume I'd previously shut off the
default iptables firewall so tomcat shutdown worked. When I rebooted
after the shutdown it would have reverted back to the default firewall
setting.

Hangs head in shame...

E-mail :    nmw@ion.le.ac.uk
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555