tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nigel Wade <...@ion.le.ac.uk>
Subject Tomcat doesn't shut down, Catalina.stop: Connection timed out
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:22:29 GMT
Hi,

I'm working on setting up a production Tomcat server. The underlying OS
is RedHat 7.3. I've installed Tomcat 4.1.12 and both the 1.3.1 JRE and
the 1.4.1 JDK. The problem I'm having is when I try to shutdown the
Tomcat4 server with either /etc/init.d/tomcat stop or /usr/bin/dtocmat4
stop I get the error:

Catalina.stop: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out
java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

I've tried completely removing all traces of Tomcat from the system and
doing a fresh install but I get the same problem. I've also installed
version 4.1.18 and that is the same. At the moment there are no servlets
installed at all, so it can't be those causing the problem.

I've done a web search and newsgroup search and I've found a few other
people have encountered this problem by I've not come across any
solution yet.

Does anyone know if there are any persistent lockfiles or any resources
which could survive a remove/install and multiple reboots? I'm sure when
I first installed this setup it worked.

E-mail :    nmw@ion.le.ac.uk
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555