tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Erik Price <epr...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Question about options
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 17:08:22 GMT
Hi,

It can also be done (unreliably) with JavaScript/frames.  I would never
use this approach, but the idea is similar to what some domain name
registrars use for what is called "stealth forwarding" (giving the
appearance of mapping one URL to another without a true IP mapping).

The trick is simply to create a frameset with one giant frame occupying
the entire window.  You simply have all of the action happening in the
frame (where the URL is not displayed), and use JavaScript to change the
value of the browser's actual URL.

This doesn't truly hide the querystring since any competent user can
view the source code or disable the frames, but it might achieve the
effect you want.

Erik