tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Muller <michaeljmull...@attbi.com>
Subject installing war file using manager application
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 03:33:16 GMT

I'm trying to use the manager application to install a war file and I
can't figure out what to put in the three fields that show up on the web
page.

I have created admin and manager roles, and an account for myself that
has both these roles.

I'm trying to install the struts documentation was file.  In Tomcat 3.x,
I would have just copied the war file to the webapps directory.  After I
send this message I'm about to go try that with my 4.1.18 installation.
 Still, I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong.  It sure LOOKS like it
should be simple.

Attempt one:

Config URL: (empty)
WAR URL: file:///opt/struts/webapps/struts-documentation.war

Result:

FAIL - Encountered exception java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol:

Attempt two:

Config URL: http://localhost:8080/manager
WAR URL: file:///opt/struts/webapps/struts-documentation.war

Result:

FAIL - Encountered exception java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException:
Server returned HTTP response code: 401 for URL:
http://localhost:8080/manager

Attempt three:

Entered the following URL directly in the browser:

http://localhost:8080/manager/html/install?path=/struts-documentation&war=jar:file:/opt/struts/webapps/struts-documentation.war

Result:

FAIL - Invalid context path null was specified

Help!

Thanks,

  Mike