tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Veniamin Fichin <3ca28...@mail.ru>
Subject JNDI DBCP resources, another problem.
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 09:28:52 GMT
Hello list.

    I fought with that for about two weeks recently and had done it, so
my JNDIRealm works. But! Now servlet that just gets a connection from
JNDI resource and tries to query database is broken! Situation is that:

<GlobalNamingResource>
  <Resource ... />
  <ResourceParams>
  </ResourceParams>
</GlobalNamingResource>
<Context>
  <ResourceLink ... />
   <Realm ... />
</Context>

works with JNDIRealm, but not with common servlet getting resource from
JNDI, and

<Context>
  <Resource ... />
  <ResourceParams>
  </ResourceParams>
  <Realm ... />
</Context>

works with servlet but not with JNDIRealm! It's only two options to have
a resource in JNDI -- define it inside GlobalNamingResource or inside
Context , and each of it works separately but not simultaneously.

Any advice/suggestion/RTFM link will be GREATELY appreciated because I'm
really want to know what's going on "behind the scene" to not ask such a
stupid questions again.

Thanks a lot.

--
Veniamin Fichin  <3ca28f66@mail.ru>