tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "White, Joshua A (CASD, IT)" <Joshua.Wh...@thehartford.com>
Subject RE: Web app configuration problems
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 16:39:55 GMT
Ok,

Before I deploy the application using ant (using the manager utility), I
first attempt to undeploy the application.  I think that the undeploy
command removes the context defined from the server.xml file from memory.
Here is what I did.

1. Start tomcat, app works fine (uses context from server.xml)
2. Use ant to first undeploy the application, then install the application
using the same context path
3. The applications resources are unavailable
4. Restart tomcat
5. App works fine

If I restart tomcat, the app works fine.  If this is true, how do I keep
re-deploying an application in development without removing the entries that
were defined in the server.xml file from memory?

-Joshua

immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.