tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "White, Joshua A (CASD, IT)" <Joshua.Wh...@thehartford.com>
Subject Web app configuration problems
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 16:14:26 GMT
I am hoping someone could explain how Tomcat uses context paths.

In my server.xml file, I have declared a seperate context and some JNDI
resources for /myapp-web.

The way I deploy my web application determines if these resources will be
available or not.  If I drop my web applications war file (myapp-web.war)
into %CATALINA_HOME%/webapps, I am golden (The war does not even unpack).
However, if I use the manager utility from ant, the resources are not
available.

I have checked to make sure that ant installs the application correctly.  I
receive the following message from ant:

[echo] OK - Installed application at context path /myapp-web

This utility seems to place an unpacked version of the war file into the
%CATALINA_HOME%\work\Standalone\localhost directory.  This does not seem to
be enough.  If I manually drop the war into the webapps directory,
everything works again.

If I deploy using only the manager utility, how should I configure its JNDI
resources so they work?

-Joshua

immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.