tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "White, Joshua A (CASD, IT)" <Joshua.Wh...@thehartford.com>
Subject JNDI datasource frustrations...
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 20:36:26 GMT
All,

It seems that I may be having a problem instantiating the Sql server jdbc
driver.  I have copied the following jars into my $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib
directory:
msbase.jar
mssqlserver.jar
msutil.jar

I have the following in my server.xml file:

            <Resource name="jdbc/joshsDB"
                auth="Container"
                type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>

<ResourceParams name="jdbc/joshsDB">
    <parameter>
        <name>username</name>
        <value>someuser</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
        <name>password</name>
        <value>password</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
        <name>driverClassName</name>
        <value>com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
        <name>url</name>
        <value>jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://localhost:1433</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
        <name>maxActive</name>
        <value>100</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
        <name>maxIdle</name>
        <value>10000</value>
    </parameter>
    <parameter>
        <name>maxWait</name>
        <value>10000</value>
    </parameter>
</ResourceParams>

In the Tomcat console, I see the following:

java.sql.SqlException: Cannot load JDBC driver class 'null'

What am I doing wrong here?

Joshua

immediately by return email and delete this communication and destroy all copies.