tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Romeo Dickason <Rom...@discovery.co.za>
Subject Tomcat Directory Structure
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2003 06:43:34 GMT
Hi everybody,

I'm new to Tomcat, have installed it and got it running. After a lot of
research I'm still not clear on the ideal directory structure and references
on the internet are not consistent.

Could someone please help me with the ideal structure or point me to some
good references on the net.
Also, do I need to edit the web.xml file and where can I get more info on
how to do this and the different options.

My current directory structure:

(Where should this all go in the Tomcat root directory? Under /webapps or
/ROOT)

holidayspots/jsp			- all jsp's
holidayspots/jsp/css		- cascading style sheets
holidayspots/jsp/images		- images

holidayspots/database		- database

holidayspots/src			- source code

holidayspots/WEB-INF		- web.xml file
holidayspots/WEB-INF/classes  - complied class files

How does this look??

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,

Romeo Dickason
Java Developer
eMMS
Discovery Health Ltd
Reg number: 66/03901/06
Web: www.discoveryhealth.co.za
------------------------
This message and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for
the addressee.
If you have received this message in error, please notify Discovery Health
Ltd immediately,
telephone number +27-11-529 2888.  Any unauthorized use, alteration or
dissemination is
prohibited. Discovery Health Ltd accepts no liability whatsoever for any
loss,  whether it be
direct, indirect or consequential, arising from information made available
and actions resulting
there from.