tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Powell.Kris" <Powell.K...@kpmg-ct.com>
Subject RE: multiple instances of tomcat
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 07:56:33 GMT
You need to set the CATALINA_BASE environment variable for each instance, so
in the bin directory:

set CATALINA_BASE=c:\aa1
startup.bat

set CATALINA_BASE=c:\aa2
startup.bat

Make sure you also have the shutdown ports (8005) set to two different
values in the server.xml files.

You can add the debug attribute (<Logger debug="9">) in the server Logger
element and check the logs to see what is going wrong. Also, if the window
is closing sraight away and you can't see the messages, then open two
command prompts and start one instance in one, the other in the other with
the command:

catalina.bat run

This runs the instance in the same window so it stays open if it exits
prematurely.

Hope this helps.

Kris