tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alberto A C A S Magalhães <>
Subject RE: New startup
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 16:48:09 GMT
Este email assim como os ficheiros que possa ter em anexo são confidenciais
e para uso exclusivo da pessoa ou organização para o qual foi enviado.
Se recebeu este email por engano por favor notifique

Esta nota confirma que esta mensagem foi verificada pelo MIMEsweeper
não tendo sido encontrados virus.

Try to stop TOMCAT and start it ...

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim & Laly Huffman []
Sent: quinta-feira, 27 de Fevereiro de 2003 16:41
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: New startup

I have Tomcat installed, along with JDK1.3.1.  As far as I know, all
variables are set.  When I start up Tomcat, I am able to see the default
index page from Apache.  I can maneuver through all pages using port 8080.

The problem lies in that when I create a html page, or a jsp page, I place
them in the webapps/myWork folder.  Then, when I try to view them using the
localhost:8080,  the browser (and I suppose Tomcat) tells me the page can't
be found.  What am I doing wrong?  A simple html page should just come right
up, I would think.  Do jsp pages need to be compiled?

All help is appreciated.  Thanks.....

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: