tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mufaddal <mufad...@wmotion.com>
Subject Tomcat - SSL Question .. Certificate problem
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 05:09:11 GMT

Hi,

I have followed the instructions at:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/ssl-howto.html to
enable SSL.

Problem:
when i try to access the jsp page using :
https://locahost:8443/login.jsp ... a dialogue pops up saying:

"

Unable to establish a secure connection to 'localhost'. There is a
problem with the security ceritificate from that site. (The identity of
certificate issuer is unknown).

The information you view and send will be readable to others while in
transit, and it may not go to the intended party.

Continue loading this page ?

Stop  Continue

"

When i hit continue i can still access my jsp pae and everything works
fine. The only problem is that SSL is not being used since the
connection could not be established as warned by the dialogue box that
popped up.

The certificate i had generate was using keytool just like its
explained on the howto webpage. I am using internet explorer 5.2 on Mac
OS X.

Can anybody please shed some light on where i am going wrong. ?

Thanks,
Mufaddal.