tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve Guo <cool_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: New startup
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 17:28:22 GMT

what URL are you using to access the file?
 Tim & Laly Huffman <tlhuffman@conninc.com> wrote:I have Tomcat installed, along
with JDK1.3.1. As far as I know, all
variables are set. When I start up Tomcat, I am able to see the default
index page from Apache. I can maneuver through all pages using port 8080.

The problem lies in that when I create a html page, or a jsp page, I place
them in the webapps/myWork folder. Then, when I try to view them using the
localhost:8080, the browser (and I suppose Tomcat) tells me the page can't
be found. What am I doing wrong? A simple html page should just come right
up, I would think. Do jsp pages need to be compiled?

All help is appreciated. Thanks.....