tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Einar M. RÃ¥berg Rosenvinge <eina...@tihlde.org>
Subject Installing Thawte test certificate in Tomcat 4.1.18
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 19:41:20 GMT
Hi!

This might be a common problem, but I've checked the list archives and
Thawte's knowledge base, to no avail.

I'm trying to install a Thawte test certificate in Tomcat 4.1.18.

I'm following the instructions at
  <URL:http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/ssl-howto.html>

Still, I consistently get the errors
C:\EiT>keytool -import -alias tomcat -keystore keystore -trustcacerts
-file testcertificate
Enter keystore password:  <the password>
keytool error: java.lang.Exception: Failed to establish chain from reply

The file "testcertificate" is the file I got from the Thawte web service
after providing the CSR. I used all the default values in the web forms.

I imported the Thawte Test CA certificate into my keystore, and that went
very well.

Any ideas?

-Einar