tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jens Skripczynski <skr...@myrealbox.com>
Subject Re: Autopostback in JSP
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 14:04:35 GMT
runu rathi:
> Hi,
> 1)  I want the contents of my HTML page display to
> refresh automatically based on a selection made by the
> user. I am using HTML + JSP.
> For Example:
>   There are three radio buttons
>           - Thesis
>           - Non-Thesis
>           - Software Engineering
>   Drop Down Menu1
>
> If the user selects 'thesis' there should be one drop
> down menu appearing on the screen else there should be
> two drop down menus appearing.
>  How can I do that?
Well, i believe you need to use Java Skript in any way.

if the user chooses a different radio button to
either load a new page
or     to change the content of the page dynamically.

> 2)  Also what function in JSP will allow my page to
> display one image if the mouse is placed on it and
> another image if the the mouse is not place on it?
> Thanks,
Java Skript with mouse-over.

I'm not familiar with Java Skript, but I have heard, that
each Browser has its own Java Skript dialect. So supporting
many Browser can be a pain...

Ciao

Jens Skripczynski
--
E-Mail: skripi(at)myrealbox(dot)com

Tollef Fog Heen
Unix _IS_ user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are.