tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rasputin <raspu...@idoru.mine.nu>
Subject Re: running tomcat under unix
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 12:53:17 GMT
* Swapneel Dange <s_dange@hotmail.com> [0231 07:31]:
> i am trying to run TOMCAT 4.0 under unix, but i get the following messages
> when i try to start the TOMCAT :

> Using CATALINA_HOME:
> /home/grad12/sdange/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18-src/catalina/src
> Using CATALINA_TMPDIR:
> /home/grad12/sdange/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18-src/catalina/src/temp

> touch: creating
> `/home/grad12/sdange/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18-src/catalina/src/logs/catalina.out':

> No such file or directory

> yeah its true that there is no file known as 'catalina.out' in my folders
> and there is no directory such as 'logs' inside the directory 'src'. do i
> need to create a directory such as 'logs' or somethign like that.

Yes, in a nutshell. No such file od directory is referring to logs/ - you
can't create a file in a directory unless the directory exists.

But those directories *should* exist, so check that CATALINA_HOME points to
where you installed tomcat.

--
The sooner all the animals are dead, the sooner we'll find their money.
	-- Ed Bluestone, "The National Lampoon"