tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alex Troubadour <fasne...@yahoo.com>
Subject ssl on tomcat 4.0.4
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 01:46:10 GMT
Hi,
we have java 1.3.1 and tomcat 4.0.4 on a linux box (
Red Hat 7.3 ).  I want to use https on port 8443 with
tomcat.
If I use keytool to create a certificate I have no
problem.  However, we are a Novell (5.1) shop.  If I
create a request, I use it in ConsoleOne to create a
certificate but if I try to import that result on my
linux box for tomcat, I get the following reply:
keytool error: java.lang.Exception: Failed to
establish chain from reply
if I try to use the same alias with which I created
the request.
If I import the same certificate with a different
alias but the original keyfile I created originally,
fine, no error message but when I start tomcat and
open my browser to the 8443 port, it seems to use the
original self-generated information.
If, I instead, delete the original keyfile ( after my
request and creating the certificate in ConsoleOne )
and try to import the certificate I created in
ConsoleOne, hence no alias "conflict", when I point my
browser to the 8443 port, I get a popup telling me
that "Netscape and this server cannot communicate
securely because they have no common encryption
algorithm(s)." ... I get a similar message in Internet
Explorer.
I used the trustcacerts option.
I do not know where the problem lies ... the cacerts
file ?

Any help would be appreciated.

- Alex

=====