tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve Guo <>
Subject Re: tomcat5.0 build problem
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2003 07:28:57 GMT

Actually I am using Ant 1.5.1.Although my company has a firewall, we do not use a proxy server
(?), because this is the setup in IE when accessing the Internet from office. In IE5.5, Tools
| Internet Options | Connections | Lan Settings, proxy server is unchecked, 'Use automatic
configuration script' is checked.
But when using Yahoo Messenger or MSN messenger from office, I have to set the following:
Use Proxies (checked)
Enable HTTP proxy (checked)
HTTP Proxy server name: FIREWALL
server port: 80
So based on above, I make the following file:
Still the same error message. I am really confused. Following Filip Hanik, I downloaded cvs,
it is a challenge to set it up too. Actually I have been able to use the binary version (4.1.18)
fine, but I thought I would try my luck building from source.
Thanks all, steve
 Bill Barker <> wrote:Since you are behind a firewall, make sure
that you have set '',
'proxy.port', and 'proxy.use' in your "" file. They are
commented out in the "" file.

At a guess, the wall you are hitting first is due to using a version of
Jakarta-Ant < 1.5. You need to use at least 1.5 to build TC 5.

"Filip Hanik" wrote in message
try this,

cvs checkout jakarta-tomcat-5
cd jakarta-tomcat-5