tomcat-users mailing list archives

From kal inuganti <websph...@yahoo.com>
Subject Serving Graphics Q
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2003 16:13:25 GMT

Hi All,

I have tomcat running on apache webserver on windows NT. I would like to serve some graphics
(.jpgs) over the web. I have an access database that stores the image name and my servlet
uses JDBC to get the name of the image. Once I have the image name, I would like to load the
image on my web-page.

I am a little confused about the actual location of the images... should I put them under
apache web server -  htdocs/images/<image> OR
under tomcat - webapps/ROOT/images/<image>

I understand that I am better off having the web-server serve the images. But what I dont
understand is the mechanism... tomcat executes my servlet and will/should it be the one to
load the images?

Please suggest.

Thanks,
-kalyan