tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rasputin <>
Subject Re: ant deploy task?
Date Thu, 20 Feb 2003 11:43:26 GMT
* John Ruffin <> [0205 18:05]:
> I asked this same question last week - with no response.
> What I did was tell TC to not auto-expand and get everything from the war
> file itself.  Ant will copy the war file to catalina_home/webapps.  Then I
> use Manager to stop and start the app - restart doesn't work for me.
> Testing "Best Practices" from the seasoned folks on the list is greatly
> appreciated.

That works a treat - thanks John, Obviously the file being physically
in webapps means it survives a reboot without requiring edits to server.xml

I just need to figure out how to remove them now:

a <delete> task takes care of the WARfile, then a <remove> ant task
will drop the context, but I get problems if the remove fails while the
file is still there.

Does anyone jnow where the documentation for the catalina ant tasks is?

There's no future in time travel.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message