tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ben, heart wanderer" <>
Subject Question about
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2003 10:07:30 GMT
Hi All,
  I downloaded and installed Tomcat 4.1.18 with IIS
5.0 on Win2k. I'm using an example workers2.prop file:

# Define the communication channel
info=Ajp13 forwarding over socket

# Map the Tomcat examples webapp to the Web server uri
info=Map the whole webapp

#info=Global server options
# Default Native Logger (apache2 or win32 )
# can be overriden to a file logger, useful
# when tracing win32 related issues

I tried loading the isapi_redirector2.dll but it
failed with a bunch of error messages in the Event
Viewer about shm and lb failures.

After adding the following entries to workers2.prop,
the redirector loaded correctly and worked fine.

file=D:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat

info=Default load balancer.

My question is what is the minimal
file possible and why are there defaults for the shm
and lb entries in the isapi redirector?

Thanks, Tomcat looks awesome!
Ben Schleimer

"The competent programmer is fully aware of the strictly limited size of his own skull; therefore
he approaches the programming task in full humility, and among other things he avoids clever
tricks like the plague" - Edsger Dijkstra

Do you Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message