tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Holger Klawitter <li...@klawitter.de>
Subject Re: Problem with servlets in Tomcat 4.1.18
Date Mon, 17 Feb 2003 08:43:49 GMT
Am Montag, 17. Februar 2003 01:14 schrieb David.T.Clark@alltelmd.com:
> Hello, I have recently downloaded Tomcat 4.1.18 and I am having a little
> problem getting servlets to work.  After installing a Tomcat 4.1.18 I
> created a directory called test under the webapps directory.  I then
> created directory WEB-INF under test and classes under WEB-INF.  I placed a
> single servlet called HelloWorldExample in the classes directory.  When I
> try to use it I get the 404 error message saying it cannot find it..  The
> really frustrating part is I can copy this directory into the webapps
> directory for Tomcat 4.1.10  or just copy this servlet into any other
> preexisting directory and it works fine.  I can't seem to get any servlets
> to work in any directory I create.  Any ideas?  I have never had this
> problem before in Tomcat. JSPs work fine, just can't get servlets to work.
> Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

The behaviour of tomcat changed.
The "invoker" Servlet Mapper is turned of by default.
You have to turn it on your webapp web.xml or in the global web.xml.

<sarcasm target="tomcat-mainteriners">
This info is well hidden at the very end of the RELEASE_NOTES, the first place
of *new* users to look in.
</sarcasm>

<sidenote target="tomcat-maintainers" type="reconsiling">
Looking in the archive of the mailing list would also help as this question
gets posted and answered every day.
</sidenote>

With kind regards / mit freundlichem Gruß
	Holger Klawitter
--
Holger Klawitter                          http://www.klawitter.de
lists@klawitter.de