tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JWSDP
Date Sat, 15 Feb 2003 04:11:46 GMT

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Xiongfei Wang wrote:

> Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 21:10:33 -0500 (EST)
> From: Xiongfei Wang <wangxf@arches.uga.edu>
> To: Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Re: JWSDP
>
> Thank u for response.
> I need to make a decison to choose apache+tomcat or apache+JWSDK which one
> has good perfomance and which one is easier to setup. Do u have any
> suggestion ?

Well, if you need Apache in front, the answer is simple -- use Tomcat :-).
JWSDP doesn't include the relevant web connectors (although one could
copy them from a Tomcat install).

Performance is going to be essentially identical, though.  Your best
decision basis is to try installing it both ways and see which is easier.

> Thanks

Craig