tomcat-users mailing list archives

From poornakala ramakrishnan <techinfofo...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Help on Useful information about Tomcat
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 05:36:40 GMT
Hi tomcats,

    I would like to know the following information on
tomcat.

1) Will there be any performace variation between
tomcat under Linux and tomcat under windows

2) Tomcat under windows , is this reliable to have in
Live environment or it holds good as development
server only

3) This question is again based on q2. Is this
following configuration a recommended one over
Internet.

   Windows 2000 , IIS, MS SQL Server, Tomcat under
windows [ using JDBC type 4 Driver for MS SQL ]

4) For running tomcat we have two options

   i) Tomcat in Stand alone mode

   ii) Tomcat integrated with webserver [be it
       apache     or IIS)

when we go in for the ii) nd case will it cause any
performace overhead? Particularly in the case of
having Tomcat integrated with IIS.

5) To run tomcat under windows integrated with
webserver. which of the following combination yeilds
best results.

    tomcat + IIS      or

    Tomcat + Apache for windows

Tx a lot in advance for ur interest shown in answering
the above. I Will be greatful if u can give me any
links on the above.

With Best Regards,
Peekay.