tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tom O'Neil <>
Subject MySql connection pool difficulties
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 21:25:20 GMT
After scouring the mailing list and a few forums, I'm
still at a dead end attempting to get MySql connection
pooling working with Tomcat. I'm running the following
on Windows 2000:

Tomcat 4.1.18
MySql 4.0.10
JDK 1.4.1

I've tried using both the MySql 3.0.5 and 2.0.14
drivers. I've placed these in [tomcat root]\common\lib
(only one at a time - never both simultaenously). I
know my code and web.xml are pretty solid, because I'm
porting a funtional app from WebSphere 5.0. The
relevant portion of server.xml is:

<Context path="/dsforecast"
docBase="c:\tomcat\webapps\dsforecast" debug="5"
reloadable="true" crossContext="true">
<Resource name="jdbc/raytheon" auth="Container"
<ResourceParams name="jdbc/raytheon">

And the error I'm getting is:

"Cannot create JDBC driver of class
'com.mysql.jdbc.Driver' for connect URL

It seems that a fair amount of other folk have
encountered this same problem, but I have to stumble
across a solutions. Any help would be appreciated.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message