tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rob Helmer <rob...@roberthelmer.com>
Subject DirectoryIndex without a redirect?
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:40:15 GMT
Hello,

I am using jakarta-tomcat-4.1.18-LE-jdk14 with Apache 1.3.27 using
the WARP connector, and we're having a problem with a client using
a custom user agent.

It seems that if we change the <welcome-file> list in web.xml, Tomcat
actually sends a "302 Found" and gives the user agent a Location
header, which for this client's user agent cannot follow.

The client simply needs to be able to hit something like :
http://server/url/

And get a "200 OK" and the data they are looking for.

I would like the behavior to be like using the DirectoryIndex
directive in Apache, e.g. it just gives you a "200" and returns
the page without a redirect.

I have tried mod_rewrite and DirectoryIndex, but since you can't
use AddHandler with WARP ( right? ) this does not work.

My only other thought so far is that perhaps mod_rewrite and
mod_proxy in conjunction may enable us to do this, seems
somewhat suboptimal ;)

Any suggestions? Should we back down to mod_jk?

Thanks,
Rob