tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject Re: ssl works on netscape but not explorer
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 14:04:20 GMT
On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 11:56:13AM -0000, kieran wrote:
> Riddle me this kind folks
> How could it be possible that my SSL configuration works on NetScape, but
> not Internet Explorer?
> Internet Explorer and Netscape both work if I use
> but only Netscape if I use the machines IP.
> I.E returns access denied.
> I suspect it may be something to do with the fact that I'm setting this up
> from behind a firewall/proxy server. I'm not sure. It's apache 2.0.44
> running with tomcat 4.1.18 on win2000. I enclose apach conf and server.xml

Is IE configured to ask the proxy server for all
non-localhost pages while NS is not?  That's where I'd look
first (having been through similar problems myself though in
a different context) -- IE's proxy configuration.

Otherwise... what version of IE is this?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message