tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Austin King <cruftwo...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: include .inc file extension problem
Date Sat, 08 Feb 2003 02:21:52 GMT
Hi Filip,
> if it is a .inc file, don't you want to use the
> static include (ie, before it gets compiled)

Good point, I meant to say, I didn't think tomcat
would be smart about file extensions, beyond resolving
jsp, servlets.

Using the include directive isn't an option in this
case as I was trying to include different foo.inc
files at runtime.

bar/foo.inc
baz/foo.inc

<jsp:include page="<%= barOrBaz %>"/>

I didn't want to cloud the origional question with
this context, I just was curious why .inc is handled
differently than .txt when using jsp:include tag?

Thanks again for the insight,
Austin