tomcat-users mailing list archives

From rf <rufoo2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: response.sendRedirect() - is this allowed?
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 05:15:30 GMT

> // This is common trick I use after a form
> submission to
> // help make navigation easier for the user, and to
> help
> // avoid dual-submission of the same form.
> //

Not clear - how is the second submission avoided?

> if ( "POST".equalsIgnoreCase( request.getMethod() )
> )
> {
>    StringBuffer buf = new StringBuffer();
>    buf.append( request.getRequestURI() );
>    buf.append( "?" );
>    buf.append( request.getQueryString() );
>    response.sendRedirect( buf.toString() );
>    return;
> }

I have been using this technique for quite some time
but I am not happy as all the POST data appears in the
query string straight away. What is a better way of
passing data(possibly huge) to a redirected url?
RequestDispatcher would do but I dont see the
redirected url at the browser if I use it.

~rf