tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Derek Clarkson <...@bigpond.net.au>
Subject Class not being found - please help !
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 00:43:50 GMT
Hi all,
	We've got tomcat 4.1 running in linux and have successfully loaded the
postgres drivers by placing the jar file in the /var/tomcat4/common/lib
directory and developed a site. However, I have just created a java class
which I wish to use on the site, but every time I try to load the class in a
JSP page I get this error :

Generated servlet error:
/var/tomcat4/work/Standalone/localhost/_/index_jsp.java:72: cannot resolve
symbol
symbol  : class wwSecurity
location: class org.apache.jsp.index_jsp

I first tried placing the class in a jar in the /var/tomcat4/common/lib/
directory. I then tried /var/tomcat4/shared/lib. I also tried placing the
.class file in the classes directories of these locations and the
WEB-INF/classes directory. Of course I restarted tomcat after each attempt.

I have not been able to get tomcat to find the class once. Can anyone help ?

Derek Clarkson
Web: http://users/bigpond/net/au/drekka