tomcat-users mailing list archives

From zaf nasha <zafarna...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.1.18 will not start for me(Hello am to facing the same problem is there anyone to help us out)
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 06:04:18 GMT

Dear John
If u get the way to solve this problem pls do reply me and send me solution, i would be really
 very grateful for your this kind help.
zafar
 John-P King <john-p.king@db.com> wrote:I am trying to get tomcat version 4.1.18 to
run on a Windows 2000 server.
But after installing the JDK and then the tomcat server I cannot get it to
startup. When I try to start it a command window pops up and then goes
away without any text written to the window. I looked at the log files and
I see this:
stderr:
-------
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService.init(BootstrapService.java,
Compiled Code)
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService.main(BootstrapService.java,
Compiled Code)
stdout:
-------
Bootstrap: Create Catalina server
Bootstrap: Class loader creation threw exception
java.lang.IllegalMonitorStateException: current thread not owner
at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.addRepositoryInternal(StandardClassLoader.java,

Compiled Code)
at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.(StandardClassLoader.java,
Compiled Code)
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory.createClassLoader(ClassLoaderFactory.java,

Compiled Code)
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService.init(BootstrapService.java,
Compiled Code)
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService.main(BootstrapService.java,
Compiled Code)

Any guru's out there that might be able to help me out