tomcat-users mailing list archives

From paridhi bansal <paridhiban...@yahoo.com>
Subject Throwing jar file through servlet..CODEBASE problem
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 03:56:16 GMT
Hi!!
        I have a servlet throwing a jar file with a
main applet..I have my directory test within webapps
 directory..I have kept my servlet in
/test/WEB-INF/ classes/ directory.. Where should i
keep
my applet and jar file so that they can be accessed
 ..I am using <APPLET > tag for throwing jar and
applet through servlet..I have to set CODEBASE field
in my servlet ccordingly..if i set it to /test, i ned
to keep
applet class file and jar file in /webapps/test
directory . But this has public access and iy shows
the directory listing if accessed..and i want to keep
my applet and jar files in side WEB-INF(private
access)..So what should be the codebase and in which
directory shld i keep my jar file and the applet?????

Regards,
Paridhi