tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Qin <qinking...@yahoo.com>
Subject kept getting HTTP Status 404 - please help. thanx.
Date Sun, 02 Feb 2003 05:07:00 GMT
Ijust installed tomcat 4.1.18 today.

everything seems fine. i can see this page
http://localhost:8080/index.jsp. and i run those
Servlet Examples,  it showed up, everyting is good.

then i wrote a servlet page myself, and try to run it.
it told me cannot find it, I got  http status 404
error.  I am sure my coding is rite. cuz I download
htem directly from web site.

after i compile the .java file, I put it .class file
into WEB-INF/classes folder. I followed hte
instruction step by step.

I check thousands time, still have no clue whts wrong.
if u have any ideas please help me out.

thanx.

                               john.