tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Will Hartung" <wi...@msoft.com>
Subject Re: Apache and Tomcat: a bad practice
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2003 17:52:53 GMT

Yes! Hear Hear! "Me Too"

For whatever reason, there is a complete dearth of information on "open"
solutions to generic load balancing.

The hardware involved is NOT cheap (hell, it's not even "reasonable").

Apache's mod_proxy can "kinda sorta maybe almost" do it, but you lose
session affinity and other "nice" things.

Regards,

Will Hartung
(willh@msoft.com)