tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Will Hartung" <wi...@msoft.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Porting
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:48:25 GMT

Here's where I see the problem:

It looks to me that the Tomcat Session Manager is (for whatever reason) try
to save out some of your sessions, and they're simply not cooperating.

Now, the StandardManager won't serialize sessions except at startup or
shutdown, but the PersistentManager will swap "old" sessions in and out of
the JVM, though it's marked as experimental in the docs
(http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/manager.html).

Now, you mentioned that you're not a Java person, so it's not clear to me
how you're going to fix this should Tomcat try this while running (as it
takes changing the actuall classes to solve this problem).

But, the class to look at is com.gaggle.util.Services, that's what it's
complaing about.

Good Luck!

Regards,

Will Hartung