tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pedro Salazar <pedro-b-sala...@ptinovacao.pt>
Subject REALM, 3 questions...
Date Wed, 26 Feb 2003 12:59:32 GMT
Greetings,

I would like to know a few things about the using of REALMS in tomcat.

1)If I configure a invalid database host on my realm (imagine that the
network link is broken), I can't start tomcat - it blocks!! Shouldn't
tomcat startup normally and only throws an error when trying to access
that realm by a web application?

For instance, I could need restart a tomcat instance by using a load
balancing architecture with apache, and if the database host is
unreachable my tomcat would block...

2)Can I use a SSL authentication using openssl certificates going beyond
the BASIC authentication?

3)Is it possible that I use a custom REALM (JDBC for example), where I
could define my user/password parameters encrypted?

thanks,
Pedro Salazar

--
<id name="pedro salazar">