tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Vincent Milette <>
Subject Error 500, no context configured
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 23:26:58 GMT

I'm installing an apache+tomcat server. Apache work with all the regular content
on port 80 and tomcat work only with secure transaction on port 443. My problem
is that I receive an error 500 in my browser : no context configured to process
this request. In my log file, I have "MAPPING configuration error for request URI".

I have searched google,tomcat mailing-list archive and the manual. Nothing help
me enough to solve the problem. There is a part of my server.xml file :

<!-- Beginning of server.xml-->

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Server debug="0" port="8083" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">
    <Service name="Tomcat-Standalone">
        <Connector acceptCount="10"
            connectionTimeout="60000" debug="0" maxProcessors="75"
            minProcessors="5" port="8080" enableLookups="true" redirectPort="443"/>

          <Connector className="org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector"
                     port="443" minProcessors="5" maxProcessors="75"
                       acceptCount="10" debug="0" scheme="https" secure="true">
                    clientAuth="false" protocol="TLS"/>

     I Define an AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009
     in the futur, i will use this connector to connect apache for static html
page and ssl
     connection (don't remove that) cherif on 22-02-2003
    <Connector className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Connector"
               port="8009" minProcessors="5" maxProcessors="75"
               acceptCount="10" debug="0" enableLookups="true" redirectPort="443"/>
        <Engine debug="0" defaultHost="localhost" name="Standalone">
        <Logger className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
                 directory="logs"  prefix="localhost_log." suffix=".txt"

                <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve"
prefix="catalina_access_log." suffix=".txt" pattern="common"/>
            <Host appBase="/usr/local/java/host" debug="0"  name="localhost"
                <Context debug="0" docBase="/usr/local/java/host/defaultroot"
                      useNaming="true"  workDir="/usr/local/java/host/work/mot"
                 <Environment name="maxExemptions" type="java.lang.Integer"

                  <Parameter name=""
value="context.param.value" override="false"/>
                     <Resource name="jdbc/mySQLDS" auth="Container"
                         <ResourceParams name="jdbc/mySQLDS">
                        <! -->


<!--End of server.xml-->

I noticed that if I changed the name attribute in the Host tag for the
ServerName i.e. I don't have any errors but no pages are loaded.
I tried the server with many addresses like and it is not working.

The version of all softwares are the following:
tomcat 4.1.18
jdk 1.4
apache 1.3.27
open_ssl 0.9.6b-28
running under redhat 7.2

Thanks for your convenience and concern
Vincent M.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended 
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If 
you have received this email in error please notify the Plan B Strategies 
Network Administrator by email at and destroy all 
copies of the original message. Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, 
dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action 
taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message