tomcat-users mailing list archives

From simon...@logicapiu.it
Subject Admin web tool not working properly
Date Sat, 15 Feb 2003 17:48:11 GMT
Hello all, I'm experiencing a strange behveour after
installing tomcat 4.1.18 (I previously had 4.0.4)

I'm still on test server, but when I use the admin
web tool to add  to the server.xml other hosts
everything starts to go on his way :-)
the default host is ok but the others have jsp in the
root are downloaded (code i mean) instead of
executed, and the jsp in subdir give a 500 error
stating that there was an error with jasper complier
and so on...

When I roll back the server.xml and add the other
hosts by hand everythings works fine...

Does anybody have an idea why this happens?
The main reason why I upgraded to 4.1.x is because I
want to use the admin web tool instead of modifing
server.xml by hand (which require a server restart)

Thank you
Simone