tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Bryan Field-Elliot <bryan_li...@netmeme.org>
Subject Configuring a custom Authenticator
Date Sat, 15 Feb 2003 00:21:30 GMT
I'm looking at the code for BaseAuthenticator and FormAuthenticator as a
basis for building my own.

It's not clear from the Javadocs where I configure Tomcat to use this
Valve...

1. Do I configure it by declaring a <Valve> element in server.xml, or is
there a special (undocumented) <Authenticator> element?

2. Do the other styles of Authenticator (such as FormAuthenticator)
still work, if I install my own custom Authenticator as well?

3. Am I mucking around with web.xml's <auth-method> element too, adding
my own custom type in addition to BASIC, DIGEST, FORM, and CLIENT-CERT?
If I'm not, then, which of the preceeding am I to configure in that
space?

Thanks,
Bryan