tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "\[de internetman\] Rene Kooyman" <r...@deinternetman.nl>
Subject RE: installing TomCat
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 19:24:40 GMT
Citeren "Turner, John" <JTurner@AAS.com>:

Hi John (again) and other readers,

>> http://www.galatea.com/flashguides/apache-tomcat-4-unix.xml

I've followed this 'how to' on building mod_jk.so (Alternate build
process for mod_jk.so) to the letter, everything looks good, the
files get copied to the right places, but .... when i edit http.conf
an check apache (apachectl configtest) i get errors: Cannot load ...
because Apache aparently can't locate the mod_jk.so file (which is
named 'mod_jk.so.0.0.0' btw). Even renaming it won't help, Apache
just can't find mod_jk.so ...  help?

This type of OS/system: RedHat 7.3, Apache 1.3.27 TomCat 4.1.18

I need to get TomCat connected to Apache, one way or another. If any
of you could help met with a good 'how to'. I'd be a very happy man.

> Sounds good. Lajos's guides are pretty good.  If you want extra docs, check
> out mine at http://www.johnturner.com/howto.  They're essentially the same
> in content (I learned from Lajos's docs when I started with Tomcat) but
> sometimes a different viewpoint or presentation helps solve problems.

This hot-to is indeed pretty well documented, i even 'stumbled' on yours
searching for help with Google.. only thing is: you've written this for
Win 2K only, my system is: RedHat 7.3, Apache 1.3.27 TomCat 4.1.18.

--
    Kind regards,

        Rene Kooyman