tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "\[de internetman\] Rene Kooyman" <r...@deinternetman.nl>
Subject installing TomCat
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2003 10:59:23 GMT
Hello all,

I'm pretty new to this stuff so if my questions may looks 'foolish'
or in any other way not seem apropriot i'm appologizing in advance.

Here's my custion: I've got a Linux RedHat box (7.3) with PlesK Server
administrator (v5.0.4) installed on it. On the support forum of PlesK
i read an atricle 'bout how to install TomCat on such a PlesK box. It
looked pretty straightforward to me, so i went on intalling TomCat as
described. Everything was looking good, TomCap (v4.1.18) was running
fine on port 8080, it displayed the default indexpage of TomCat, i could
even run the examples. I was just as happy as a clam!

But now here's the part i'm stuck and i'm wondering if anyone could help
me out here. I want to run TomCat as a module of Apache (v1.3.27) so that
Apache will forward any jsp-requests to TomCat. I knwow you need to connect
TomCat to Apache and that there are several diffent methods how this can
be done. The ones i tried so far failed.

One example: the webapp_module. it's in the right place, but when i do
the config test (apachectl config) i get this error:

Loaded DSO modules/mod_webapp.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this module might
crash under EAPI!  (please recompile it with -DEAPI)

Furthermore TomCat won't work on any other port then 8080.

I've read a lot 'bout other connectors, but i can't seem to find the right
solution to get this thing working. I know i must have done something wrong
somewhere, or overlooked something.

Any good advice or preferably a good 'how to' would be very welcome.

Thank you for your time reading this.

Kind regards, Rene