tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Kelley <pet...@moveit.com.au>
Subject Valve Access to Principal
Date Sat, 08 Feb 2003 06:29:10 GMT
I'm writing a valve to associate a request with a subject using JAAS. To
do this I need to get access to the userPrincipal from the request or
the session. Unfortunately the method that sets this association in
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase gets called AFTER my
valve meaning that I can't get access to the principal.

My valve is currently defined in a context element in server.xml and I
can see it on the call stack when I set a breakpoint in
AuthenticatorBase in the debugger.

Any suggestions as to how I could get the valve to be executed after the
authenticator ?

--
Peter Kelley <peterk@moveit.com.au>
Moveit Pty Ltd