tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Felipe Schnack <feli...@ritterdosreis.br>
Subject RE: servlet URL
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2003 19:21:43 GMT
  Yes, I know it's a singleton... but you mean I should have another
config file specifying my servlet's URL? Well, I could do that, but I
don't think it's a good idea, after all I already have this data on
web.xml...
  Must be a way to know that...

On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 17:19, Filip Hanik wrote:
> not sure that what you are trying to do makes sense?
> why do you need the servlet to return its url? You configure the URL in the web.xml file,
so you should already know what it is and not have to ask the servlet itself.

> This is from the spec
>
> "By default, there must be only one instance of a servlet class per servlet definition
in a container. In the case of a servlet that implements the SingleThreadModel interface,
the servlet container may instantiate multiple instances of that servlet so that it can handle
a heavy request load while still serializing requests to a single instance."