tomcat-users mailing list archives

From ps <pedro-b-sala...@ptinovacao.pt>
Subject Re: DBCP+TOMCAT 3.2.4 (->4.1.x WORKED OK)
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 17:36:38 GMT
On Wed, 2003-02-05 at 17:07, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, ps wrote:
>
> > Date: 05 Feb 2003 11:48:15 +0000
> > From: ps <pedro-b-salazar@ptinovacao.pt>
> > To: Tomcat Users List <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> > Subject: Re: DBCP+TOMCAT 3.2.4 (->4.1.x WORKED OK)
> >
> > Please, how should I interpret the exception message header below:
> >
> > javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Need to specify class name in
> > environment or system property, or as an applet parameter, or in an
> > application resource file:  java.naming.factory.initial
> >
> > I'm using jdk1.4.1 (SUN) and tomcat 3.2.4.
> >

> Tomcat 3.2.4 does not support JNDI resources at all.  You'll need to stick
> with current versions if you want that to work.

OK, thanks Graig.
I wasn't sure about that but I was suspecting something *ugly* and
*stupid* like that. For one side I'm frustrated about that confirmation,
but I feel also relieved because I was struggling about configurations
and more configurations...

...I don't know much about the persistence of the using of tomcat 3.2.x
for production purposes but I have to resign to the power of politics in
force :-|

thanks,
Pedro Salazar.
--