tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Felipe Schnack <feli...@ritterdosreis.br>
Subject RE: Object pooling (was: more about custam tag life cycle)
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 11:31:25 GMT
> I prefer to use pooled objects either for relative small number of
> long lived objects or for objects that are expensive to create, or
> immutable objects that consume some memory and are likely to be in
> use concurrently.
  And what you think about objects that are created millions of times
and pratically do not change any of its properties?
  I have some objects that deal with database queries (I store my SQL
queries in a XML file... long story), so I have one of these objects
created for each query executed in my database... I was thinking about
pooling these guys, but I'm not sure.

--

Felipe Schnack
Analista de Sistemas