tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Elkiss <>
Subject tomcat /apache2 / jk2 rewrites https:// requests as http://
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 17:30:25 GMT
Ok... What I want to do is have the tomcat root context accessible via
https on /tomcat, running through apache2 with mod_jk2. Ok, no problem -
jk2 is configured and running, the application paths in tomcat have all
been changed to have /tomcat prepended. Maybe I should somehow use
mod_rewrite instead, but this seems to work.

I added the following in

I can't figure out how to get this to apply only to the SSL virtual host
in apache, but that's not a big deal - I can just deny access to that
location from the non-SSL virtual host and allow access from the SSL
host, or set up some kind of rule so that non-SSL requests get rewritten

The main problem is that if I go to,
something feels the need to rewrite that to, which needless to say does not work.

On the other hand, if there's no need to do any redirection, i.e., everything works okay.

What's going on here?

Aaron Elkiss <>
Instructional Technologies

To unsubscribe, e-mail: