tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Elkiss <aelk...@umd.edu>
Subject tomcat /apache2 / jk2 rewrites https:// requests as http://
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 17:30:25 GMT
Ok... What I want to do is have the tomcat root context accessible via
https on /tomcat, running through apache2 with mod_jk2. Ok, no problem -
jk2 is configured and running, the application paths in tomcat have all
been changed to have /tomcat prepended. Maybe I should somehow use
mod_rewrite instead, but this seems to work.

I added the following in workers2.properties:

[uri:/tomcat/*]
info=Tomcat

I can't figure out how to get this to apply only to the SSL virtual host
in apache, but that's not a big deal - I can just deny access to that
location from the non-SSL virtual host and allow access from the SSL
host, or set up some kind of rule so that non-SSL requests get rewritten
appropriately.

The main problem is that if I go to https://somehost.umd.edu/tomcat,
something feels the need to rewrite that to
http://somehost.umd.edu:443/tomcat, which needless to say does not work.

On the other hand, if there's no need to do any redirection, i.e.
https://somehost.umd.edu/tomcat/index.jsp, everything works okay.

What's going on here?

--
Aaron Elkiss <aelkiss@umd.edu>