tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Joe Tomcat <tom...@mobile.mp>
Subject Re: more about custam tag life cycle
Date Sun, 02 Feb 2003 02:38:50 GMT
On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 11:00, Will Hartung wrote:
> And like I said earlier, it would be nice if there were a pool interface
> added to the lifecycle to clean up the tag processing to make optional
> properties more portable and easier to write for.

It would be even nicer if the pool were dropped entirely and if instead
of having a bunch of setter methods, the tag constructor took a map of
arguments.  Object pooling is deprecated, except for expensive objects
like db connections.  Tags are generally very cheap objects because they
only contain a few simple instance fields.  I would be surprised if tag
pooling actually has any positive performance impact compared to
creating new objects, on a contemporary JVM.