tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Will Hartung" <wi...@msoft.com>
Subject Re: Best Logging practices
Date Wed, 19 Feb 2003 19:13:40 GMT

If you don't like the length of your CLASSPATH, you can try dropping the jar
into $JAVA_HOME/lib/ext directory, as all of those jars are aauotmatically
placed on your CLASSPATH. Most folks don't think of this (I don't personally
do it). Folks tend to forget about this mechanism and wonder where Things
Are Coming From when they don't seem them on the CLASSPATH variable.

However, I also agree with the other poster that CLASSPATH is really a
non-issue.

Regards,

Will Hartung
(willh@msoft.com)